View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 09:15
Buy VPN

moyn
Post  Post subject: Dropouts, etc.  |  Posted: 05 Jan 2014, 12:19

I'm having some problems with my new Justop EZCast dongle. Specifically, using it with my Samsung Note 3 Phone, I'm turning on screen mirroring to play music (using Google Play music player). Even for local content (downloaded to my phone), and with my phone disconnected from my home wifi hub (using the EZCast app), I have drop outs every few seconds (or several times a minute).

I've placed the antenna from the dongle up where it has line of sight to my phone, which is only 3-4 feet away from the dongle.

I live in an apartment with many neighbours with hubs, so it's a busy wifi area. Is it possible to change the wifi channel for wifi direct connections to the dongle, in case it's encountering interference? There's no setting for this on either the dongle interface or phone.

Any other ideas?

Some other questions/feedback -- I find that if my phone is connected to both the wifi direct and the wifi hub (for streaming content), mirroring quality is very bad (for video at least). Video quality appears to be pretty good, however, for local downloaded content if the wifi hub is disconnected.

So my connection quality at the moment isn't what I want it to be -- any advice is appreciated. BTW, all items are upgraded to latest software releases.

Thanks.

adminwod
Post  Post subject: Re: Dropouts, etc.  |  Posted: 05 Jan 2014, 18:49
Site Admin

moyn wrote:
I'm having some problems with my new Justop EZCast dongle. Specifically, using it with my Samsung Note 3 Phone, I'm turning on screen mirroring to play music (using Google Play music player). Even for local content (downloaded to my phone), and with my phone disconnected from my home wifi hub (using the EZCast app), I have drop outs every few seconds (or several times a minute).

I've placed the antenna from the dongle up where it has line of sight to my phone, which is only 3-4 feet away from the dongle.

I live in an apartment with many neighbours with hubs, so it's a busy wifi area. Is it possible to change the wifi channel for wifi direct connections to the dongle, in case it's encountering interference? There's no setting for this on either the dongle interface or phone.

Any other ideas?

Some other questions/feedback -- I find that if my phone is connected to both the wifi direct and the wifi hub (for streaming content), mirroring quality is very bad (for video at least). Video quality appears to be pretty good, however, for local downloaded content if the wifi hub is disconnected.

So my connection quality at the moment isn't what I want it to be -- any advice is appreciated. BTW, all items are upgraded to latest software releases.

Thanks.

What power supply are you using? The USB port must supply at least 5V 1A power.

moyn
Post  Post subject: Re: Dropouts, etc.  |  Posted: 06 Jan 2014, 21:13

Hi, I'll check that... grabbed an old apple iPhone plug and suspect it is less that that... my TV and av gear don't have usb ports unfortunately.

By the way, dlna from Google play music (with "cast to uPnP addon) working great. Will report back .... any other advice appreciated in the meantime. Thanks.